Friday, June 18, 2010

Things That Make Me Happy

So...it has been quite a while since my last post, huh? Well, it has been a crazy couple of weeks that's for sure!! Since I last wrote I have experienced a ton of things that have really made me super happy. Here's the list of the big ones:

1. Mystic Tan: I bet you weren't expecting this one, huh? So, last Tuesday, before I flew down to the Atl to visit my sister, I decided, since we were headed to Six Flags White Water on that Thursday, that I should save a few people from blindness and go at least "try" the spray tan. Let me give you some context. The last time I tried a spray tan, I went with some of my best friends from high school a couple of days before our Senior prom. Needless to say, after 5 min of awkward encounters with the girl actually spraying the tan on you by hand, I woke up the next morning...polynesian. No joke. Straight up another race. So, if you have seen any of Graham and my senior prom pics (yes, he was my date--but he didn't take me. No I'm not bitter ;)) that will explain the questions you have in your head. After almost 6 years of no spray tans, I decided there must have been some advances in the system since then and I will not turn out as dark/burnt orange as I was before. I walked in to TanWorld in Cedar Falls, IA really expecting the worst and walked out very satisfied. This is because the spray tan goes on clear. HA! Well, after sleeping on my spray tan this time, I woke up perfectly bronzed. Even more ecstatic, I was ready to take on the Water Park. And, except for a ride called Dragon Tales (which I would put on my things I HATE list if I was making one) I, with the help of my sister and her friend Jackie, conquered it like champs.

2. Polite little boys. I know this one is random, but when we were all at the water park, this one little gentleman of an 11 year old, who had a crush on us, and we on him, followed us around most of the day hanging our tubes/water sleds up for us, letting us choose which ride to go to next, telling stories of all his scars (including the latest where he fell through a fish tank...don't ask.) and making me hope upon hopes one day, if Graham and I have a little boy that he would grow up to be just as wonderful as our new friend. He must have a really great mom ;).

3. Fresh Pineapple. I just cut up a brand new one and am snacking on one as I type. This was a random addition to the list, but I believe appropriate.

4. Painting. I have posted a couple of different things on here that I have painted in the past, but I was able, with my day off yesterday (another thing I really like!) to paint a couple of things for friends to whom I had promised paintings long ago. The first was Graham's bosses' wife Rachel, who is such a sweetheart and loved the painting I did in our living room (see past posts if you missed that one). So, I did a similar painting for her for their new house! Check it out!

The second painting I did yesterday I had a TON of fun with! My friend Stacy who just had a baby (check out the newborn pics I am getting ready to upload to my photography blog!) had mentioned really loving this one piece of art on potterybarnkids.com, but all of us who are pottery barn lovers know, unfortunately, most things are extremely over priced. This painting just happens to go for $249.00. So, I took it upon myself to do my own little version of this for Stacy's little girls' room for just a smidge under that price. Try a $5.o0 canvas and $5.00 worth of scrapbook paper. Just so you can compare (for funsies, you know--I'm definitely not trying to claim this as my own idea! It's way too cute!) this first one is pottery barn's version on the Website and the second is the one I did for stacy. What do you think??

That's all for now, but I'm sure I will be adding to this shortly! (My wonderful husband just walked in the door and I must go give him a hug!)

3 comments:

  1. We had pineapple and strawberries tonight for supper!!! YUM. Faaaavorite. And your paintings are AWESOME, Joanna!! Seriously! The PB lookalike one is almost identical to the store one! Go girl. PS, I miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so talented! I'm glad spray tan #2 worked for you :) you're hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So, I'm probably a little biased, but the paintings are wonderful! Fabulous job, girl!

    ReplyDelete