Sunday, November 21, 2010

It's Been a Whole Year, Folks!


We have had an amazing couple weeks of celebrating!! What a fun excuse to whip out year old wedding cake, drink champagne and eat great food!

Number 1, our wedding cake was perfectly amazing. To all the unbelievers out there who say it can't be done--believe it. We each ate 2 pieces and were sad to throw the rest away.


Note: The icing fell off the sides in transportation from NC to Cedar Falls! Definitely wasn't pretty, but was pretty delicious. I'm so punny.

Last Sunday on our actual anniversary I was so exhausted from working almost 2 weeks straight that we just took a day to rest, lay around and just enjoy each other and a dinner out to Texas Roadhouse, a family favorite! This was all in preparation for the true festivities:

Yesterday afternoon after I got off work we headed to Des Moines for a fun filled couple of days! We headed to our hotel to get dressed (complete with jacuzzi tub, thank you very much) and went out to downtown to a seafood restaurant named Splash. What an amazing experience. If you live in Iowa and haven't been to Splash, you are missing out!!

Excuse my awkward hand.

From the moment we got there we were just so spoiled. They checked our coats, my wonderful Dad had preordered a WONDEFUL bottle of red wine for us and our menus were even personalized for the occasion and were sprinkled with Happy Anniversary confetti! I know in my last blog post that I said the Emeril's restaurant in Florida was my favorite, well I just found my new one!! Check out these pictures of our fabulous dinner:

Our menus :)

Best bottle of wine we've ever had! Thanks Daddy!

Now that's a crab leg. One pound per leg. I've seen Graham get into some crab legs before, but NOTHING like this. I would love to see that whole crab!

Sake grilled shrimp over mashed sweet potatoes and black bean/mango salsa. This dish was created just for me and should be called the Joanna because I literally couldn't think of anything better to sum up all of my favorite foods! Yep, crab leg creeping in the background.

Our dessert. Key Lime Cheesecake...yum. The manager even gave us complimentary dessert wine to go along with it! Seriously the craziest tasting dessert wine of all time from Bordeaux, France.

At our table. Note the aquarium in the background complete with lion fish.

Taken at the front of the restaurant on self timer on the host stand. Yep. No employee was in sight :)

1 comment: