Thursday, November 11, 2010

New Years Resolution: Complete

Yes, I realize that I am WAY late on this blog post, but hey! It's not because I'm not excited!! So listen. I have made some ridiculous new years resolutions in the past such as:


1. No fried food for 1 year. For anyone who knows anything about me this might as well be a death sentence and I think I made it a whopping 15 or so days until I realized this meant I couldn't eat FRIED FOOD.

2. No Facebook for 1 year. Although I did go without it for a while, I think you all know how much of an epic fail that one was.
3. Audition for American Idol. This was back in high school and NO I didn't do it (although I did at Hollywood Studios a couple weeks ago but that is a totally different story altogether.)
Basically, don't talk to me on New Years Eve because I'm usually on some kind of kick that I can't stick with for more than 2 weeks. HOWEVER. After 23 years of trying, I finally kept my resolution. I did it. I ran a half and a full marathon in 2010. WOO HOO!!!!!

Hokay, so. I never, ever. EVER thought that I would be a marathon runner. I wanted someday to try and run a half marathon, but something strange happened on December 31, 2009 and my mind was made up. Well, I planned on running a half marathon this past April in Charlotte, NC with a friend. OBVIOUSLY that didn't happen. Why, you ask? Oh. We just moved to Iowa--no big deal.
At this point I'm thinking my hopes for completion to be over and done with, but then a close friend here in little ol' Cedar Falls, Iowa puts me back up to the challenge and away we went! Running up to 30-40 miles per week, we did it. We made it through training and we made it across the finish line. Did I mention I'm probably crazy enough to do it again?? When the time is right, I will, and I mean it, run the Disney World Marathon in Orlando, FL. Why not run it this year, you ask? The problem is that I live in Iowa and the race is in January. I promise you I will not be doing any 20 mile training runs when it is negative 20 degrees outside. In fact, I promise you I will not be doing much of anything outside when it is negative 20 degrees. Netflix, here I come!

Here are a few pics to prove that I actually did this thing:

I always imagine myself looking cool when I run.
Although a neat thought, I definitely look ridiculous.
Making it down the home stretch!!


Official photo time!!

1 comment: