Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Fabulous Las Vegas!

As you can see we made it to the old Las Vegas sign!! I am happy to say that Graham and I had an absolutely WONDERFUL weekend! We got to check off most of the things on our list and enjoyed a couple of surprises as well! First of all, if you haven't considered going to Las Vegas to see Garth Brooks, if you are a Garth fan, you need to put this on your bucket list. This was absolutely one of the best concerts I have ever been to (yes, up there with Coldplay)! Clad in work boots, jeans, a navy sweatshirt and ball cap, Garth was hilarious, charming and extremely personable. He took us through a journey of all the music and artists that influenced him and his family over the years including: Merle Haggard, George Jones, Bob Dylan, James Taylor, Randy Travis and George Straight. It was so fun hearing him not only play his music but songs from all of these artists as well! We also had a big surprise and his wife, Trisha Yearwood, came out and joined him for a couple of songs including "She's in Love with the Boy", which is definitely one of my all time favorites! As if you even had to ask, of course Graham and I were wearing our boots. A definite must.

Other than the concert we also go to enjoy great food, SHOPPING (yay!), and sightseeing. One surprise? As I was making a B-Line for Michael Kors in Caesars Palace, we see a sign that says "Meet Pete Rose Today!!" Thinking that this was only a ploy to come in their sports memorabilia store, we walked by, curiously, to see Pete Rose sitting right there! Don't know who Pete Rose is? Well, embarassingly enough, I didn't either. I think this run-in with the baseball all time hits leader who can't even make it into the Hall of Fame, was the highlight of Grahambo's morning. Although we didn't get our picture with him, we stood about a foot away and felt the greatness.

We did make it over to the famous Gold and Silver Pawn Shop, hoping to meet the guys on the show, and sadly, they had already left for the day. The trip was not a super bummer however, Graham still bought a shot glass signed by Chumlee (close enough to my picture with him, right?) and we got to see some of the items in the shop that have been on the show. We also rode the NY NY Roller Coaster and visited the Shark Reef Aquarium at Mandalay Bay. Two aquariums in one week = a VERY successful week for me. I love me some fishys! Surprisingly enough, Vegas wasn't nearly as crowded as when we visited the first time, and it made it so much more enjoyable to walk around and see the sights. One of my favorite moments was for about an hour and a half before we had to get ready for Garth, we went to the pool at treasure Island, drank the best frozen margarita I've had in a while from Kahunaville, and got some sun. And by got some sun, I do not mean changed my skin tone at all, I mean, just soaked in some much needed Vitamin D.

Knowing we weren't really going to gamble while we were there, we fell under temptation while we were waiting in line to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower at Paris. I looked down and saw a Wheel of Fortune 25 cent slots game. Anything to do with Wheel of Fortune or Amazing Race, forget about it, I've got to at least try. So, when we got back down from the Eiffel Tower, we headed straight for the slots with my high-rolling bill in hand. Yep, a whole $5 bill. Having onle 20 quarters to spare, Graham and I alternated pressing the spin button on the machine. To our surprise, with 14 quarters left, we see one bonus sign line up, then another, and finally the third one! Not knowing what this meant at all, we just thought, wow! We probably won an extra quarter or something. After realizing this meant we actually got to spin the wheel at the top of the machine, we gave it a go and landed on 75. Again, no idea, we were just excited we got something! We thought, maybe this means we get 75 quarters?? That would be awesome we would win like 20$! Well, the quarters available quickly increased from 14...to 302! I quickly told Graham to figure out what this was on his cell phone calculator (we clearly don't do math in our heads) and it came out to $75. 50!! Just as quickly as we hit spin for the bonus I pressed "cash out" and we ran with the money! I'm not to proud to say we didn't stick around for more action, we had won our taxi fares for the next day plus some in money and I was runnin'! Last time we were in Vegas, we lost $40 between us, so I'm thinking we are $35.50 ahead. Take that, Las Vegas!

No comments:

Post a Comment