Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Closet Artist.

(Literally.)

So in college one of my sweet roommates made me two posters, one with one of my all time favorite Psalms and the other with my favorite quote from J.D. Greear, the pastor at our old church. I have been wanting to put these up somewhere, but with the lack of wall space in our tiny apartment, this has been a task! Thankfully, I got a burst of energy today and spent the afternoon cleaning and organizing my closet, which up until now has been a storage room where I have to climb over boxes to get to my clothes. THANK GOODNESS I have an actual floor in there now and could even lay down on the floor and take a nap if I wanted. (May or may not have already done this...ha!) Another one of my post-college roomies showed me the idea of using sample paint swatches for art projects. The one she showed me was of a mirror where the frame was covered in the colored squares and created a mosaic-like effect--such a great gift idea!

Well, i used my stolen paint squares (thanks Wal-mart!) to provide a little bit of color on the drab white wall of my closet around the two posters. This is what I came up with! Once a lame white wall...now full of color and inspiration!

"When someone (or Satan or my own heart) tells me I am a failure, or worthless, or sinful, I have a choice. I can believe what they say and become what they say about me, or I can believe what God says about me and belive that God says that in Christ I am a new creation. He says I am clean and forgiven. He says I have a future and a hope. He says I was chosen to be incredibly fruitful...and a world overcomer. He says goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, that nothing can separate me from the love of Christ, and that no weapon forged against me will prosper. I BELIEVE HIM."
Psalm 18

No comments:

Post a Comment