Monday, May 24, 2010

Workin' Woman!

I am so happy to say that I am a new employee of the Park Place Event Center in Cedar Falls! I feel very blessed to have been placed, relatively quickly, into a position so similar to what I had in NC, except NOW I get to be a wedding planner! yay! Without even setting foot in the door for my first day, I already have three weddings that I will be the lead coordinator for. Intimidating? Yes, I think so. Doable? Heck yes! I am so pumped and am very ready for a new challenge. Although this job does come with a pay cut from my job in NC, any income coming in from my direction is a step up! Graham, being the sweetheart that he is, took me out to celebrate by going to see the new Robin Hood (a must see!) and then grabbing margaritas and mexican food (my favorite combination).

And yes, if you have not seen the new version of Robin Hood, it is definitely worth the splurge. (Graham and I went to the matinee, so you know, saved a couple dollars there!) Russell Crowe does an AMAZING job, as I think he usually does, and the supporting cast is incredible as well. You find yourself constantly going, oh man, I just say that girl/guy in a movie, what was it? And, if that doesn't drive you crazy, it's fun trying to piece it all together.

Anyway...back on topic. Wish me luck on the job! My first day is Wednesday, and I am hitting the ground running. I have orientation on Wednesday at 10:00 AM and then heading straight to work after that until 5 or 6 PM. Waking up Thursday for an 8:00 AM-5:00 PM and then getting rest for my first wedding shadow on Friday for which I will be at work from 9:00 AM-9:00 PM! Phew! Talk about diving right in!

I must say, however, that I will be ready to leave on Friday night, because two of our best/crazy friends are coming to visit this weekend! Yay! We are headed up to Minneapolis on Saturday morning to pick up Laura and Drew from the airport and then heading to a Minnesota Twins baseball game (complete with visit to one of the corporate boxes if Graham can pull it off) and then a night full of mayhem on the town I am sure. It will be my first and Graham's second time up to the Minn./St. Paul area, so we cannot wait! I hear it is an awesome town!

No comments:

Post a Comment