Tuesday, July 20, 2010

I'm Lovin' It.

There are so many things I am excited about this year on my birthday, one of which is that I get to go back to ol' North Cackalacky two weeks from tomorrow to see my family and celebrate our myriad, okay not quite a myriad, I mean, a myriad feels like a whole freakin' lot, ANYWHOO, many family birthdays around the end of July and August. Mamaw's (if you don't know Mamaw you totally should) is Aug. 1, Mommy's is July 31, Mine is July 29 (the one that matters...jk, of course....), and Seester's is Aug. 9. So, yeah. Maybe a myriad. EITHER WAY, its a lotta burfdays. So, when pondering my birthday wish list this year and I noticed a blender had made the cut, I paused. I mean, a blender, really? I immediately scratched it off because I am wayyy to young to be putting appliances on my birthday list right? Unless it's a bread maker of course. No one could ever be too good for some delicious home made bread. Can you tell I'm tired? Yes ma'am...


I am a dessert now rather than later kind of girl. When my mom told me I was going to be sent my first birthday present here to IA, 10 days early, I just became giddy. You have to understand what the gift was! Drumrolll please.......


Tada! A Hobo International "Lauren" Clutch in Coral. I have been wanting one of these suckers for way too long now. Don't know what a "Lauren" clutch is? Well I'll show you! I'll even include the description!


Get excited. Thanks Mom and Dad!!


Well, even more exciting than this new girl toy is the thought that a year ago on my birthday, I was having the most exciting night of my life (at that point....bah!) and was asked on a simple birthday date with my wonderful boyfriend Graham Ashe. I was running a little behind, but hero Graham to the rescue saved the day and made the most romantic lakeside birthday dinner for me. As it was getting dark I hear Graham ask, "So do you want your birthday present now....or later..." We've already discussed this. I'm a dessert now person. So he gets out the infamous album with the ring box in the back. I was so ecstatic and called friend after friend after friend all the way home to Winston-Salem, NC to find out they were all in my kitchen waiting for me to celebrate with them!! I was the only one left out of the secret...I'm still impressed babe!


It is so hard to believe it has already almost been a whole year since our engagement! What an amazing, whirlwind of a year it has been and will continue to be, that's for sure. Although it will be hard for Graham to top last year's birthday present (ha!) I'm just so thankful that I will get to spend this birthday as my first with such a wonderful husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment