Monday, July 12, 2010

"Real Girls Shoot Guns"

My BFF from high school was a mad rifle shooter. And I mean, mad in the sick sense. She even had a shirt that donned the title to this blogpost. I totally wanted to be as cool as her when I grew up someday...WELL...Over July 4th weekend, I finally got my chance! First of all, let me get things straight. I'm not a hunter. I never will be a hunter. And as much as my darling husband wants to bring home a stuffed deer head one day, I will have to stay as far away from the thing as possible to avoid bursting out in tears every time I see it. Okay, I'm not actually that bad, BUT I'm just not into killing innocent animals for the joy of a trophy corpse on my wall. 'Nuf said. HOWEVER, getting the thrill of shooting a gun at some colored water filled bottles and targets, way more fun than I even thought it would be!! One of my crazy classmates from high school/Graham's lifelong friend/one of the groomsmen in our wedding, Chris Gilpin, was insane enough to drive form Denver, CO all the way to Iowa for the 4th holiday! Not just to see us, of course, but his gorgetta girlfriend Taylor who is originally form a little town called Ottumwa about 2 hours directly south of Cedar Falls. We had a blast playing putt-putt at maybe the most well kept secret hot spot in all of Ottumwa, enjoying a delicious dinner prepared by Taylor and shooting the guns owned by her Father, who served in the Army. It was great getting to see our awesome friends and making new memories in a totally new place! Here are some pics for you to enjoy:

Us at the sweet putt putt course

Notice the obstacles we had to avoid

I totally got a hole in one on the 19th hole (yes the 19th hole) so I won a free game! Can't wait to drive back down a couple of hours away to use it! (Who am I kidding, it's already framed on our wall.)

Lookin' good in our glasses and white t's

Awesome couple #1

Awesome couple #2

Yes this happened.

I married him for his sexy socks.

Chris lending a helping hand

So proud I hit 2 bullseyes from 100ft away laying down!

In other news, we went back to Cedar Falls on the 4th to enjoy the fireworks...which were cancelled and rescheduled for the 5th. Which were then cancelled and postponed until next July 4th. I mean, come on people! July 4th with no fireworks???

We also got a grill. Holla holla holla. It's cute ain't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment