Monday, July 12, 2010

New Years Resolutions

So I understand we all make these silly little things called New Years Resolutions every year, usually something supposed to make us a better and healthier person (or not, depending on your preference...). I have never successfully kept any of mine. I mean, a year is a long time!! Well, I thought 2010 would be a good year to start!

On January 1, 2010, I promised myself I would train for a half and then a full marathon. When I found out we were moving, the half marathon I had already scheduled and paid for (boo) in April in Charlotte, NC was obviously no longer an option and I was discouraged. Thankfully, I have met a couple amazing girls to train with here in CF and I am back on track! Please be praying for no injuries and discipline as I try to conquer this goal!

September 11, 2010: Park to Park Half Marathon in Waterloo, IA

October 17, 2010: IMT Des Moines Marathon in Des Moines, IA


"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy set before him endured the cross, scorning its shame, and sat down at the right hand of the throne of God. Consider him who endured such opposition from sinful men, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart."

Hebrews 12: 1-3

1 comment: